Monday, September 7, 2009

Sympathy Card

Candy Fosta of Clear Dollar Stamps lost her Dad this week. My dear sweet dork sister, Linda B, who also is a part of CDS, let us dork sisters know of Candy's loss. I made this card for Candy even though I don't know her. I watercolored the butterfly and used the faux silk technique for the the second layer. The layout was supposed to be a sketch challenge on SCS, but of course I deviated from the sketch a bit. Not too much though. The triangle was supposed to be in front of my faux silk panel, but it just didn't look right. I put it behind.
As I was working on this card I got a phone call from my mom that her brother passed away tonight. This was not unexpected, but she is devastated all the same. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers this week.

5 comments:

  1. Karen, this is a beautiful card for Candy and I know she will surely appreciate it. So sorry to hear about your uncle's passing...I'll be praying for the family as they struggle through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your uncle. That is a beautiful card, every bit of it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, I didn't know about Candy's dad yet, so glad I came by to see your gorgeous card, it is beautiful, I know that Candy will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    Here we go again. I tried to leave you a comment, but it won't let me.
    Okay, there we go...Thanks, honey, for posting Uncle's death. I hope he gets a lot of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I forgot to tell you how much I loved the card. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete