Saturday, September 5, 2009

My own Tilda!

Despite not having a mouth or nose to breathe, these Tilda images are cute. I can't understand why the artist made her without all of her facial features. It's kind of disturbing, but yet here I am playing with Tilda. My good friend and Dork Sister, Peggysue, gave me this Tilda stamp!!! I have been waiting to use her until my Guest Designer Spot with Clear Dollar Stamps was over. Then I waited until I got the right paper and ink to use copic markers. This is my first completed image using copic markers. Not too bad.
I find it interesting how my mistakes force me to do something I wouldn't normally do. I was using rub-ons for the first time as an adult. The directions say there is no need to cut the images first as there is plenty of room between images. LIAR! The little flourish on the bottom was meant to be, but not the little bit above it. To cover it I strategically placed the blue flower. I messed up a bit when stamping, "thinking of you" and the last rub-on after the sentiment rubbed off, but whose counting? The purpose of the card was to practice coloring.

4 comments:

  1. Karen,

    For a practice, this is awesome! Even without a mouth and nose, Tilda is adorable!

    Hugs!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, what an amazing job you did coloring Tilda with the copics! Now I really do want lessons. This card is cute! And glad to know about the rub on tip. I have yet to use them, so this is good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen you really did a wonderful job coloring her. She is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Karen! Now that we have converted you, what are we going to do with all those colored Tilda's??

    ReplyDelete