Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vest for DS2

Here's a picture of my middle son showing off the sweater vest I finished for him. I will be making one for each of the boys (what was I thinking??) to wear for the holidays. The shirt is not part of the look, I just grabbed one from his closet that was a button down.
I chose to make DS2's first so if it was too big it would then become DS1's and if too small then it would have been DS3's. As it turned out, my gauge was right on and the vest fits him perfectly.
I have cast on DS1's vest (the back) and I am on row 1. UGH! what did I get myself into??
Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. Awww Karen, it looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knit too! A woman with many talents. Wow! Great job. I knit too but my tension sucks so I end up with saggy saggy sweaters lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Karen! Love the vest and great knitting too! Good luck with the next 2 vests! You're clearly a woman of many hiddens - well done!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow wow wow! I wish I can knit, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet creation and extra warmth sweater. Two thumbs up. Good for you Karen for making more. I love those cable rib stitches you did. Lucky sons :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job Karen! i don't have the patience for knitting...takes too long ], lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hopeless at both knitting and crocheting so I am impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!! I don't know how to knit, but I do crochet on occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out adorable. You did a great job, karen. It looks w/ the plaid shirt too.....perfect!

    ReplyDelete