Saturday, September 25, 2010

Claptois Shawl

Here Hubby and I are showing off the Claptois shawl I made. I bought 100% silk yarn and paired it with a shimmery yarn, Lincate gold rush. I had a garage sale 2 years ago and the proceeds from that sale went towards this shawl. I had almost finished the project with a small corner left to do when, gasp, I needed to buy another skein. I contemplated about that because the yarn is super expensive. I bite the bullet and did buy the second skein. I am glad I did! Ah, the shawl is gorgeous!
We are on our way to a wedding. By the way, I bought the dress and the shoes at a second hand store!


What a model!











Thanks for taking a peek!

8 comments:

  1. Karen, WOW is all I can say. What a very talented women you are. I'm glad that I know you so when you make it big in the world I can say I knew her when.....Keep up the great work
    and love the smile. Your hubby and you take a very nice picture together too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your husband look great together...and your shawl is lovely, that blue looks so pretty on you!! Wonderful pictures, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree..it's just gorgeous. You are too!!! Such pretty fun life filled pictures. You look like you are having a blast. Just sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks sooo pretty! And I love the model too, she has such a gorgeous smile! And I like the pic of you with Joel too . . . cuz I'm going to have a Joel in my family next year!!! The second skein was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,

    This is a gorgeous shawl and fantastic pics of you & dh. Great modeling for the other photos! Hope you had a great time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics Karen! The shawl is really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shawl and the pictures too, especially the one of you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete