Sunday, May 16, 2010

SSS56





This is my father's day card for my Dad. Sweet and Sassy's sketch challenge this week was to use this layout and make it a card for a man. Guido, the "young" man you see here, is a new stamp I bought using the winnings from my second place prize at Art Impression's monthly contest. He is a front and back stamp as you can see from the two photos.
My Dad is the guy that wears black dress socks YEAR ROUND and pulls them up as high as they can go, which is either lower calf or mid-calf depending on the length. My Dad has huge calves and he really doesn't need to accentuate them any more than they already stand out. He also has a tendency to wear black dress socks with sneakers with the laces undone. Finally, my Dad thinks he looks HOT in pink shirts. Dad really thinks he can dress himself nicely. No matter how many times my Mom, poor Mom, tries to dress him nicely, Dad just can't pull it off. Even when Mom gets him in nice clothing he then pulls his belt too tight or up too high. Oh, and Dad is the guy that loves to have his pants unbuttoned (Think Frank Barone here) any chance he can get. At least Dad is secure enough in his manhood to wear pink.
Okay, despite my Dad's faux pax (is that a X or a Z?) with dressing and thinking he looks devilishly handsome, I have the BEST Dad. If I need something, Dad is there. He has literally dropped everything to come running when I have needed him. One time my DH was in the ER for dehydration. I didn't know what I was going to do with the kiddos while I was with DH so Dad started the trek up to our house despite doing something for someone else. That is only one small example of the things he does.
So Dad, I know you are waiting for GQ to call, but I need to be honest with you, it just ain't going to happen! Love you, Dad!

6 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! I love the man.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop and sharing such a fun creation with us :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these front and back scenes,Karen!! And your Dad is a great dresser, especially when he wears your blue Christmas sweater!! Great write-up of your Dad, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, this is soo funny - I love it!

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah, this is so funny! Love it. Thanks for playing at The Sweet STop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card Karen!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete