Monday, May 24, 2010

AI contest and PWCO SC #34




AI's Stamp Contest this month is "I feel like Dancing". This is Dotty. I love how at peace Dotty is with her self as she twirls around. I imagine herself home alone with the music blaring and letting it all loose. I used the sketch challenge from Paperwork Co for this week. I thought the butterfly patterned paper went well with Dotty. She's as pretty and light as a butterfly!
Unfortunately the sheer ribbon that runs horizontally between the layers of DP doesn't show very well. I tried putting pearls on either side to make it show more. The card looks 100x's better IRL. The picture here really isn't capturing it as well. I think I have decided to give this card to Foster Grandma Virginia (remember the round blanket I made her?) from work. It is her birthday on June 12. I think she'll be 83 or 84.

**Addendum** I enhanced the photos and posted it here. Wow! Makes a difference doesn't it??

2 comments:

  1. She is lovely and your card is pretty as can be...I like the light heartedness of this sweet dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great coloring and piercing!!!

    thanks for playing PWCO sunday Sketch!

    ReplyDelete