Sunday, February 14, 2010

MMSC #41

Happy Valentine's day! Today is February 14. I decided not use the card for MMSC #40 (see below) as my valentine's day card for DH. I wanted a more masculine card. I decided to try this upcoming week's sketch challenge (MMSC #41) for the layout. It took me all day to put this together. Mostly it took a long time to color the image and the sky. I actually dried out one of my copic markers (I am not sure what to do to refill it) as I made this. I didn't do the buttons as embellishments on the two corners as the buttons I have are too whimsical for the card. I thought the silver circle paper clip thingy was enough for the upper corner. I put the silver pearls on the bottom corner and off of the main image because I didn't want to hide my image. I pierced my paper on the green panel but felt it was a pain to do so I didn't do it on the gray panel. I used my silver gel pen to add the outlines to each of the two background panels.
Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day Karen!! I like this one for a more masculine feel also! Your sky looks wonderful, too.
    For refilling, you need to purchase a needle and the refill ink...it is easy to inject it into the nib. The only one I have had to refill so far is the blender pen, but that's what I recall.
    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very nice Karen, it does have a more masculine look. I think I just recently saw a site that sells almost all the colors of refills. You keep developing your skill with those copics, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is a lovely romantic card. Your coloring is spectacular. You have just the right of embellishments that do not take away from the beauty of the image...they enhance it perfectly. Very artistic presentation. Thanks so much for being an inspiration to us by gracing us each week with your spectacular creations and being part of our Midnight Madness Family.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and serene card. I love the look of the sky. Lovely embossing, and just the right colors. A wonderful job on this sketch. Thank you so much for joining us at the MMSC this week. Have a great week!

    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen Lynn - what a great image to use for this sketch, I always love the variety that you do! Gorgeous!! Fabulous colours and colouring, there is such a richness about your card and those embellishments are perfect!! The embossing adds so much texture - love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Midnight Madness sketch Challenge this week, it is always a pleasure seeing your cards and we look forward to having you play along next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that is just beautiful and it was worth every minute you spent on it..It turned out FANTASTIC!!! Did he love it or what?? :)Another awesome entry for our weekly sketch challenge and I want to Thank You so much for entering it to share with our DT and our followers. Looking forward to seeing your next week’s entry, so be sure to check back on Friday for the “Sneak Peek”
    Priscilla
    Midnight Madness Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image is too beautiful!! Love your coloring and all your dry embossing. Fab job with the sketch this week, thanks for playing along with Midnight Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog, thanks for taking the time to share this

    ReplyDelete