Saturday, January 15, 2011

5th Street Sock KAL I-Karjen

1-18-11. Updated photo above.


Here is the start of my sock for the 5th Street Sock KAL (knit ALong). I bought some On-Line Supersocke cotton stretch yarn for both my neighbor and I for Christmas so we could do our own Mystery KAL. Okay, well, really it is only a mystery to her since I am making it up as I go!

The Karjen Sock

So, you are probably wondering about the name of the sock. It's quite simple. I am Karen, my neighbor is Jen. Original, I know...

clue #1:

Yarn: any sock weight yarn. I used On-line Supersocke Cotton Stretch
Needle: size 0-2 depending on how tight you like your fabric. I used a size 0 (2.0mm) needle.
Gauge: Gauge? What gauge? it's a toe-up sock. It doesn't need a gauge! Okay, if you must the little bit I have knit is about 10 stitches to the inch. As I go I will get looser and it will probably be more like 9 sts/inch.
Go to youtube and watch the video on Judy's magic cast on
Cast on 28 stitches.
Round 1: Knit
Round 2:*k1, M1L, knit to 1 stitch before the end of the needle, M1R, k1* repeat from *
Repeat rounds 1 and 2 until you have the desired width of the sock. Make sure it is a multiple of 4.

Clue #2
Row 1:
needle 1 & 2 (sole stitches) knit
needle 3 & 4 (instep stitches) k3, p1
repeat row 1 until you are 2 inches from the heel.

1 comment:

  1. Toe up, cool! I never have done one of those! Let me know how it goes! I found that I had started the second sock for DD and I'm at the heel part, that awfully confusing heel pattern that I messed up last time, so I'm trying to figure out where in the 24 lines of pattern I left off.
    Happy sock knitting! The yarn sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete