Monday, December 20, 2010

Mom's Angora Sweater





Woo hoo! it is done! I found this yarn on Craig's list and purchased it on November 18, 2010. I got started right away making a gauge and then casting on for the sweater. I finished it on Thursday, December 16, 2010 with one day to spare. We had my family's Christmas on Saturday, December 18, 2010, but left on Friday, December 17. Whew! That was cutting it close. The yarn is an angora/merino wool blend and oh so lusciously soft. My hands would get quite warm as I was knitting it and even sweating.
Here you see my Mom wearing the sweater and then both of my parents modeling the sweater I have made for them.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that turned out fabulous! Both of them did, actually. I like the red, looks great on your mom and the two of them look so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sweaters look wonderful, Karen! I love your mom's jewelry too...they both look so happy together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sweaters! Your folks are such a darling couple. No wonder you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete