Monday, June 28, 2010

PWCO SC #39



Happy Monday, Stampers! Oh, my what a fun sketch! Ever had a card that literally fell together? It is almost like you threw the papers up in the air and poof! of their way down they magically fell into place? This was one of those cards. I had no intentions of cutting out the main image as I always do. I wanted to challenge myself not to do that. I did it! But then I realized my paper was too large and covered too much of the pretty circle paper. So, I wound up cutting out the image anyway. My BIL (Brother-in-law) was visiting when I made this. I need to give him credit for coming up with the idea of the grass. He also challenged me to find a different way to use the vine. I originally had it where the grass is. You may notice that I embossed the white paper behind the snake. I used the circles embossing folder for that to tie into the circle Basic Grey paper. Finally, I found some snake stickers and used the “Ssss” from that near the snake’s mouth. I wasn’t too sure how to color the snake. I looked on the back of the package that the stamp came in and there is a nice example of the colored image on it. That’s my tip for today. Look on the back of the PWCO stamp packages to give you an idea on where to put the shading and how to color the image. I have used this little tip frequently.

This completes my run as your featured stamper for Monday. Starting July I will be found on another day of the week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamp: Sammy the Snake

Paper: Basic Grey Lime Rickey

Ink: memento tuxedo black

Copics: YG 95, 97; Y17

Accessories: Nestabilities, cuttlebug, vine ribbon, sticker


1 comment:

  1. Cute Ssssssnake! Love the vinessssssss along the sssssside! The ssssstripesssss are ssssplendid too! Great card, Karen! Sssssssss!

    ReplyDelete