Friday, June 4, 2010

I am on the design team for Paperworks Co!!!




Yipee! Yippee!! I have been selected to be a design team member for Paperworks Co.! You don't know how much it has been killing me not to be able to tell all of you. I felt horrible about keeping something so big from my dork sisters. My debut is here and I can FINALLY shout this news from the roof top!
I received my welcome package in the mail last week and let me tell you it felt like Christmas!
I have a whole stack of pretty new papers and stamps with which to play. I felt a little nervous about sitting down and making a card. First, anxiety set in as I want to make sure I do my very best work and live up to expectations second, I typically buy 2 sheets of pattern paper so if I goof up really bad I have one other sheet to cut into. I decided to just make a card to warm up. I used my own pattern paper first (see reason #2) and then after that card went on to using the papers I received from Peggy. I wound up making two cards. I liked both and couldn't pick one over the other so I posted both. Below is the first card I made. A very simple one, but it got my mojo going.

Now for a little info about the cards.
Duckie card

Stamps: Puddles of fun

Paper: Lime Rickey hoboken and howdy doody

Copics:Y08,B21, B95, YG63, YR04

Accessories: EK success Daisy boarder punch, yellow grosgrain ribbon, flower punch, pearls, nestabilites oval and scalloped ovals

Layout: CASED card from Linda Borneman

Robot Card

Stamps: Rocko Tinheart

Paper: Lime Rickey Liquid Candy

Copics: B21, B95, B97, Y17, G99, R27

Accessories: metallic ribbon, sprockets, nestabilites labels 2, various cuttlebug folders

Layout: loosely based on SCS SC#234

Please leave me a comment so I know you stopped by!

5 comments:

  1. Well, hey there, DT member!! Congratulations, Karen!! What a cool honor, and you made super cute cards for your debut!! Those images and paper are so fun...great job!!
    I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Woot! How exciting for you! I'm so proud of you and know that you've worked hard for this and you will do them proud with your fab designs!

    BTW, you cased one of my cards??? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TCFW . . . . too cool for words! What cute cards, those duckies are killing me! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally awesome, karen! I love your stuff!!! Just too cute! You will do great things for this company!!!!

    ReplyDelete