Friday, June 25, 2010

Art Impressions monthly contest

Good Saturday Evening, Stampers!! This is my first submission for Art Impressions monthly comtest. The theme this month is "set o'wheels: bikes, cars and wagons. As always these characters just crack me up!! I used the Midnight Madness sketch challenge for this week. I decided to move the loopy-de-loopy thingy that was supposed to be in the upper corner to the bottom because I think it looks like dust coming up from the back of the bike and it helps the image give the feeling of movement. Although the embellishments are sprockets, I thought it tied in with the gears of the bike. I think I might send this to my brother as a belated birthday card (June 1). Hey! at least I am still in the same month! The saying says, "Eat your heart out, Lance Armstrong!"
Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Karen this is a hoot. I love the lighthearted sense of humor this card projects. You just have to smile...well me anyway cause I am closing in on the age I am going to look like this on my bike!!! lol The only thing is my butt cheeks would be hanging over the seat and this ladies derriere looks high and firm!!! She has one up on me!!!! The gears are a touch of clever artistry. Absolutely adore this. Thanks for the smiles. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is so cool!! I just love the image and your take on the sketch could not be more perfect for this image. You always have the neatest images. It is wonderful seeing youp play..I like your new blog and look of it. Nice side bar logos too ;) Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with the DT team, viewers and players of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges. We are thrilled each week to see such wonderful entries in our challenges and I want to personally thank you for joining in the fun.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Karen, this is so, so, so hilarious. I keep looking at that image and laughing. What a great and fun take on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week! LOVE your embellies, easel card and sentiment!! Way 2 go!!

    Thanks for joining us this week and hope you can come out and play again next week!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! They look like they are going to ride right off the card they are going so fast! Great coloring as usual Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is a day-brightener and mood-lifter...I wish I looked that good on a bike!!
    I like your use of the gears in the corner, and your coloring is great, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious image and so beautifully colored! Extending the image beyond the oval really makes it seem like they are speeding off into the sunset and the sentiment is SO perfect!!

    Thanks for participating in this week's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and hope to see you again next week!
    Jessica, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! This one made me laugh! I don't know anyone who does such a good job with those AI stamps as you do! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete