Saturday, October 3, 2009

WCMD09B


This is my submission for SCS's World Card Making Day Challenge (WCMD09B) to make something with Pop. I hear pop and I think of a Pop-up, hence this card. I went to Robert Sabuda's website and printed off his template for the birthday cake. I colored in the candles and added the dp for some bling. I had the inside finished before I knew what I was doing for the inside. I decided Tilda would be a good choice for the front. I wanted to have the continuity of the dp on the front on the inside. I only had scraps left and didn't know how to put them together. I finally decided on the layout shown and I think it works well.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome card, queenie! fantastic coloring on the Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute card! Darn, where is a birthday when you need one? And I see you have a link to the knitting shop now, that is one cool store and I hope to get back there soon! Maybe November? Great coloring job on the Tilda but ahem! This one is also having trouble with her breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so stinkin cute! And a pop up to boot. Gotta give that a try one of these days. You make it look way easier than I'm sure it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Karen! I've never tried a pop up before, it looks hard! But so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this card is amazing. Love the pop up...my goodness, girl. Your cards are kicking booty. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete