Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 23 AND Blog Hop



Here is my submission for Midnight Madness's Sketch challenge. Wow, this one was a challenge for me. Some how the 3 layers to the left of the main image just threw me off. My first idea was to make little paper fans. It looked great, but it was too bulky for the card. I was getting close to giving up, but knew that you, my loyal followers (and mostly dork sisters) were waiting for baited breath for my next posting. Okay, go ahead and breathe now!!
I bought this red pattern paper just this past week. I got it in the origami section of Michael's. I didn't realize that it is a kind of clothy paper. Very cool. I used the stamp set Asian Plants from Clear Dollar Stamps as my first idea again went back to the asian paper fans. I'd like to say the rest fell into place easily, but it didn't (:

Stamps: Asian plants by Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper: Real red, garden green, blue (can't remember which one), origami paper, white
Ink: black
Coloring medium: Copic markers, R20, R27, R29, E37, E77 and a green
Other supplies: embossing folder, oval dies for the cuttlebug, the little window brad thingy, pearls and ribbon from my dork sister, Joyce.

*****I would also like to mention that Midnight Madness has a blog hop starting on Friday. Please click one of the links to the side to learn more about their blog hop. Hippity hoppity!!! See you there!*****

16 comments:

  1. This is just a lovely card. Great colors and that image is so wonderful!! The MMDesign team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week and we will be looking for you next week too!! Congratulations on your MMM awards last week!! AWESOME card!!

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such sweet goodness! I like how those 3 circles mimic the fan shapes in the paper, the colors and coloring are wonderful, and those 3 pearls on each circle are perfect for the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I LOVE this one! I'm not just saying that because your my twin, either! LOL! OKay, birthday twin. This is simply gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen Lynn - well once again you have made me laugh - 'dork sisters' that is funny! Now your card - that is seriously fabulous! For a challenge that you found so hard, you have done so fabulously well - it is gorgeous!! Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we look forward to seeing what you do next week! See you at the Blog Hop on October 16!
    Linda MMSC Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen Lynn, this is a stunning card! I love the colors and your copic coloring rocks! I'll have to check out the origami paper... {like I need anymore in my stash,LOL}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - another great job with the copic markers!!! Is the shadow on the plant free hand? I would have called it a window brad thingy too :) Oh I too used the ribbon from Dorky Joyce :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen,
    Love this Asian flavored card! You did very well with the sketch challenge...the three different colored, layered circles to the left of the image are fanned beautifully...love that embossing texture, too. And! I see your colored shadows on the plant...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen I think your card is so cool!! I love the papers and how you did your circles. Simply divine. Your elements are stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at MMSC. See you tomorrow for the blog hop!

    Carol
    MMSC-Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, this is lovely...the paper is so cool, and all the elements of color and design just meld so well with the Asian theme!! And that shadow is amazing, even if it is a natural one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful asian themed card and wonderful take on the sketch. Your colors are so pretty too. Thank you for the shout out and logo on your side bar :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week and SEE YOU AT THE HOP!!
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Cute card...love the color, the design, the layout...very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if I can breathe, even with baited breath, I do like my Tildas you know. And they have no mouths, or at least most of them don't, I believe you've found the few that do. As a dork sister, "I approve of this message." Nice card, I like the colors and the framing of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this card! It is an original for sure and extremely pretty. Your dp is so well matched and you've done such a beautiful job with the sketch.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute asian card. I especially like your dp choice as well as that beautifully colored bonsi tree image. Great take on the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MMSC!
    Denise
    MM Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty Asian card!! I love how your fans compliment your paper and the dry embossing you added!! Beautiful take on the MMSC this week.

    ReplyDelete