Thursday, July 29, 2010

Accordion style card box


Happy Thursday, Stampers! This is my last Free for All posting for the month of July. For this week I decided to try the Accordion Style card box found HERE on Splitcoast Stampers. I really like this box! It's so cute. I used 3 Bugs in a Rug designer paper, which happens to be double sided. Then I used RAM's Puddles of fun stamp for the image. Does the image look familiar? Of course it does, silly me! Okay what I am getting at is that I was short on time on getting this project done and wanted to use this stamp for the box. I went back to my debut card for PWCO DT posting and pulled off the image from that card. SHHH! Don't tell the card police. I tried and tried to add embellishments to the box but I kept pulling it off and finally realized less was more and kept the box simple, showing off the paper.

My tip for today is to tell you it is okay to recycle items off of other cards...even other cards that you have received. As much as we would love to keep each and every card we (or I should say "I") don't have enough room for them all. I keep the cards, display them for a time and then recycle embellishments, images, ribbons, etc. Believe it or not the Card Police will not come for you!

Paper: 3 bugs in a rug
markers: copics Y08,B21, B95, YG63, YR04
Accessories: cuttlebug and nestabilities

1 comment:

  1. This box is so sweet, and your little ducky image is perfect for it!! I am glad to know you recycle cards, it's not a bad thing at all!!

    ReplyDelete