Thursday, July 8, 2010

3 x 3 Card Box

Happy Thursday, Stampers! I decided to stretch myself outside of my comfort zone and try a 3D project since I am on a Free For All day. I looked through SCS and saw a tutorial on 3×3 card boxes. I decided to give it a try. I wanted to use the Freckle face kids but found that the stamped images was too large for the project so I colored and cut out the boy and girl and put them together in the middle of the box. I then made 5 cards and only used one image per card. I was able to make the box and the cards with one piece of 12 x 12 CS and 1 piece of 8 x11.5 colored coordinating card stock.

I learned that I shouldn’t have used the decorative edging that I used around the box as it is too delicate for repeated use. I then made little envelopes for the cards. I found a you-tube video to see how to make that.

Stamps: Standing beneath a tree

Paper: Lime Rickey

Copics: R 24, 27; E 000,00,11, 33,99: yr21; G19; B29

Accessories: Cuttlebug, nesties, ribbon, flower gem embellishment

2 comments:

  1. Karen, so cute! Great job with the embossed oval, the scallops and lace. Its a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great 3-D project, I really love that background color with these cute freckle-faced kids!!

    ReplyDelete