Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!


My parents are celebrating their 44th wedding anniversary this week. Congrats Mom and Dad!
I had bought this couple from Art Impressions because they just look like they are going to make great cards. I thought of the quote that my friend Lois (Minister's wife) has on her siggy on SCS. The quote and the stamp just go hand in hand. In case you can't read it, it says,

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "woo hoo! what a ride!"

I loosely based this the layout on Midnight Madness's sketch challenge #39 for this upcoming Tuesday. The images I have used the past two weeks are rather large and leave little room for all of the small embellishments/layout sections the challenges call for. I might just make another card that follows the sketch a bit more. We will see how it goes this week. Besides my parents' anniversary, my Mom, my hubby and my middle child all have a birthday on the same day this week (and coincidently the day before my parents' anniversary). I have to make cupcakes to send to school and get ready for a birthday party for 5-6 year olds. YIKES!

On a side note, I received my grade for week 2 from my university class. For the first two weeks combined I have a 151 points out of a possible 155. Way to go me! The class ends tomorrow. Whew!

Stamps: Jump in by Art Impressions
Paper: White, brilliant blue and designer paper found at Jo-Anns
markers: copics...too many to list
embellishments: button, pearls, brads, vellum paper, ribbon, cuttlebug and nesties

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. I love that phrase from Lois. Happy Anniversary to your parents, happy birthday to all and hope you have a wonderfully fun time with the birthday party of 6 yr olds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say "What a CARD!" Love it...very fun and I bet your mom and dad are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card and the stamp of course! Though I've seen your parents in pictures & they look nothing like this. LOL! Happy birthday to all the birthday "kids" this week. Woo-hoo on the grade! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to your folks. I cannot tell you how much I like this image and what you've done with it, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, what a great anniversary card! The images are perfect and your coloring is great! Love how you carefully cut them out, too! And that background paper reminds me of the tiles inside a pool, too! Was that what you were thinking? Great job! Tell your folks Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, that is so darn cute! Happy Anniversary to the folks and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL..oh do I love this..Could not have picked a better image...This is so funny..Great job.. They will love this.

    Way to go on your classes..My brain no longer works...:)

    ReplyDelete