Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby Blanket and Card for Ulliana





This is the blanket I made for my friend Jim and his wife, Tonya. They had their first baby on June 30. I had dinner with them just 6 days prior. After having dinner with them I ran to Walmart to go buy the yarn to make this blanket as they knew they were having a girl.
My plan was simple, I was just going to make 6 squares each of 4 colors/designs. I was thinking of doing single crochet for each block. Something simple that was going to be done in no more than a week. HA! for those of you that know me well I just can't do something simple, I need a good challenge.
I spent about 1.5 to 2 weeks designing each of the squares while I was making squares at the same time. I quickly noticed that I was going to run out of yarn so back to Walmart I go and changed one of the colors. The light pink was originally a dark color. This light pink really makes the blanket and so much better than the darker color.
I picked the patterns for each square from a variety of sources. I found one on the internet and the others in dish cloth pattern books.


Here is the card to go with the blanket. **I CASED the card from SCS. I couldn't tell you from whom. I CASED it at least 6 months ago(??) when I bought the set from The Angel Company. Hey, Clear Dollar Stamps, if you are looking please note that I DO stamp. I know that it looks like that all I do is knit and crochet. Also, if I should win next months Guest Designer Call, I will be putting away my needles and getting inky.

7 comments:

  1. Karen, this turned out just beautiful! I love it......gorgeous colors on the blanket and the card is simply too cute! Loved your note to CDS too..hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwww, so sweet! the card and blanket are just adorable. Good job Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen! Those are so cute. You did a fantastic job on the blanket and the card. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! Wow! What a lot of work went into the design of that blanket! Beautiful work! And look at that supercute coordinating card! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, that baby blanket is just adorable. Almost makes me want to get preggo to be able to get one . . . well, not quite that almost, I can request one for a different reason. Yo are such a fast knitter, you put that together much more quickly than I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I added you to my follow list so I can keep an eye on your new post. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, that blanket is so cute and cuddly looking, the design looks hard too!! I'm sure the recipient will be so touched!!

    ReplyDelete