Sunday, March 14, 2010

I finally got it

Whew! I finally got it done right! Thanks to the wonderful advice of my dork sister, Peggysue, who suggested that the paper I previously used was too bold for my image. I completely agreed and found this paper at JoAnn's. I kept the layout simple so that the focus is on the image. Also, there really isn't a lot of room to add more elements. This card will be going to another Dork Sister, Grace, who has fallen on some hard times. Her beloved cat died suddenly and she is heartbroken over his/her death. Grace, I am so sorry your heart is hurting.
So, I think this will be my second AI submission for this month.

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, Karen, I agree about the paper. And for sympathy, I really prefer a simpler layout, it puts the emphasis on the sentiment and is a bit more soothing to the recipient. Anyway, I like this one better, but if you could reuse the image on the first one, it could be selvaged!
    Although if you enter them both, that would work too, I am confused! Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo preety! I love the paper and the vine at the bottom. Your coloring is amazing, girl REally a beautiful card! I'm sure will do super dupe rin the contest again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cool paper for a cool colored image. The vine is a great touch too. I like this one so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, what a lovely, serene card! PS was right...the paper is perfect for this image. Your coloring is so beautiful and the pretty embellishements all make for a great contest entry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Karen! Very nice sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete